Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill 2021 Activity Sponsor
Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill Participant Application Guidelines/Instructions
The Spring Lawton Fort Sill Open Streets will be Saturday, October 2, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Downtown Lawton – "C" Avenue from Second to Fifth Streets. Participants are asked to check-in between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. and complete set-up by 9:30 a.m. with tear-down occurring NO EARLIER than 2 p.m.
Completed applications are submitted online and are needed from all interested organizations, even if you have previously spoken with event organizers. As previously mentioned, vendors who have signed up in the past but were a no-call, no-show the day of the event will be charged $10 to register.
Applications are due by midnight on Saturday, September 18, 2021. The Open Streets Committee may still accept applications after this date depending on the capacity of the event. Please contact Sandy Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org or Fit Kids of SWOK Facilitator, Fitkidsofswok@gmail.com if you have any questions about host responsibility or food vendor questions.
There is a $20 food truck vendor fee. There is no vendor fee for other organizations and individuals. Note, as previously described however, no-show vendors from past events will be charged $10 to set up again. VENDORS MAY NOT COLLECT DONATIONS IN ANY FORM AT THE EVENT.
Due to space limitations, Lawton Fort Sill Open Streets may not be able to accommodate all groups interested in participating. However, our selection committee strives to ensure a broad representation of groups related to the event’s goals to promote wellness and active transportation. Fit Kids of Southwest Oklahoma Coalition Members will get priority for booth inclusion if too many applications are received. If you plan on providing classes for the public, please specify that in the activity area on the questionnaire.
The Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill Planning Committee has set the following guidelines for participation:
• THE BUSINESS OR INDIVIDUAL MUST PROMOTE WELLNESS OR ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION AND MUST PROVIDE OR SPONSOR A SAFE, FAMILY-FRIENDLY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY (e.g., obstacle course, hula hooping, jump roping, etc...) AND MUST BE FREE OF CHARGE TO THE PUBLIC. ALL ACTIVITIES MUST BE ON-GOING THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF THE EVENT.
• The business must provide their own tents, canopy, tables, chairs, supplies for activity, etc. Booth space is 10’x10’*. NOTE: Due to potentially windy conditions, ALL CANOPIES MUST BE SECURED with sand bags, cement blocks, water buckets or other weights.
• No alcohol or tobacco use is permitted along the route. No advertising of alcohol or tobacco products will be permitted during the event.
• No sales (products, services, etc...) are allowed on the Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill route (Exemptions: Farmers Market Association Members, Growers Association Members, and Licensed Food Trucks). Additionally, no outside activities (e.g., sale of consumer goods) will be allowed at or on business properties without explicit permission from the business/owner AND the Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill Planning Committee.
• No health screenings are permitted unless prior authorization is provided.
• Flyers will be allowed for distribution per vendor, but it is the responsibility of the vendor to clean up their area and throw away any trash in the provided bins.
• Participants wishing to use sound amplification/speakers will be required to note that on the questionnaire so the Committee can space them accordingly throughout the event.
• Participants will be required to clean up any unused materials at their booth and dispose of them in the designated trash can poly carts that will be spread throughout the event or the event dumpster.
• If approved, we will coordinate your booth placement along the route and the Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill Planning Committee will communicate your assigned space to you. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH SETTING UP IN YOUR ASSIGNED SPACE MAY LEAD TO YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE EVENT. Failure to attend the event without proper advanced notice may lead to removal of your organization for future Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill or may result in a refundable deposit at later events.
• The business must attend a mandatory vendor meeting before the Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill event to guarantee participation. Failure to attend the mandatory meeting will result in the exclusion of the vendor for upcoming Open Streets Lawton Fort Sill events. Two vendor meetings will be scheduled, one during the day and one in the evening. A representative of each organization must attend one of the meetings in order to participate in the event. Exceptions to this policy may be made on a case-by-case basis. Approval must be obtained through the Open Street Lawton Fort Sill Planning Committee.